Can a minor receive laser treatments?
No. Minors are not permitted to receive any laser treatments at Solara.
Is everyone a candidate for Laser Treatments?
The following conditions will prohibit any laser treatments:
- Implants in treatment area
- Skin Cancer
- Heart disease / failure
- Pregnancy / breastfeeding
- Immune suppressing medications
- Photosensitizing medications
- Light / Heat induced diseases ( Lupus, Porphyria, Epilepsy etc).
- Active Herpes outbreak
- Endocrine diseases ( Diabetes, PCOS etc).
- Keloid scars
- Fragile / dry / sensitive skin
- Steroid or Cortisone consumption
- Current antibiotic consumption
- Surgery in the past 2 months
- Skin that has been tanned in the past month via sun, tanning beds or fake tanner.
- Tattoo or a makeup tattoo in the treatment area.
Do the treatments hurt?
No. Solara only uses innovative SharpLight technology with a sapphire crystal cooled laser head. The cold laser crystal is applied to the skin for 3 seconds to numb the skin before each laser pulse.
How many treatments will I need?
6-8 treatments spaced 6-8 weeks apart for most hair types.
4-6 treatments spaced 4 weeks apart for full results.