Leg Vein Removal
SharpLight’s Long Pulse Nd:YAG Laser effectively treats and diminishes the appearance of leg veins. We offer an affordable, non-ablative and safe alternative to surgery that delivers impressive results with no downtime.
Pulsed light, set to the appropriate wavelength, heats the blood within the problematic vein. This affects the blood flow and vessel lining, causing the veins to constrict; this process causes the vein to degenerate and eventually completely fade.
Treatment options include a single spot, or based on time increments of 15/30minutes.
We are unable to treat varicose or distended veins.
Available for skin types 1-4.
Before Your Treatment:
Please arrive to your appointment with clean product free skin. No lotions, oils, makeup or deodorant on area(s) to be treated.
- Discontinue Accutane 6 months prior.
- Discontinue Retinoic Acid products 2 weeks prior.
- Avoid sun exposure including tanning beds and fake tanner for 1 month prior.
- Do not exfoliate, use glycolic acid, benzyl peroxide or any skin irritants for 1 week prior.
- Avoid microdermabrasion or peels for 2 weeks prior.
- Do not use sunblock for 12hrs before appointment.
- Do not wax, sugar, pluck, thread or use hair removal creams before or between treatments.
- If the skin is red burned or irritated the appointment must be rescheduled.
After Your Treatment:
- Avoid direct sunlight, tanning beds or fake tanners for 4 weeks. Tanning after treatment may enhance melanin regeneration resulting in hyperpigmentation.
- Use a SPF 50+ sun protective cream.
- Do not participate in rough sports for several days following treatment.
- If the treatment site may become covered in dirt it is recommended to apply a dressing.
- Do not fly for more than 8 hours for 5 days post treatment.
- Avoid hot baths, hot tubs and saunas for 1 week.
- Avoid swimming in strong chlorinated water for 24hrs.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24-48hrs.